Recently I had been getting reports that the playlist wasn’t saved properly but I couldn’t reproduce this error. I added tons of extra logging and asked people to send me log files.
Here’s what I discovered:
- A database migration was failing while renaming a table column
- …and it would happen only on macOS 10.14 or older
- …because those systems include an older version of SQLite
- …which doesn’t support renaming columns the way newer ones do
- …and I didn’t notice any of this because my old El Capitan Macbook had died
- …and some versions of the app silently ignored the migration error
It should be fixed now. Takeaways:
- Bundle a private copy of SQLite with the app
- Get an old Mac Mini with 10.11 and use it for regression testing
Also new in this version: simple feedback form. Open Preferences → Feedback and let me know what’s on your mind. You can attach the application log file & preferences with a simple checkbox.
Happy Ho ho.