I got a little curious to see what libraries other indie games were using. So I opened my Steam folder and took a quick look.
- Osmos uses OpenAL, FreeType, libvorbis, libogg, libcurl
- Super Meat Boy seems to be using its own “Tommunism Engine”
- World of Goo uses ODE, SDL, parts of the PopCap framework, TinyXML, irrKlang, libcurl
- Machinarium is a Flash game. Uses funny filenames for the data, by the way.
- Aquaria uses ZLib, SDL, libvorbis, libogg, Lua, FreeType, FMod and more
- Braid seems to be using no 3rd party libraries beyond DirectX
- Revenge of the Titans uses LWJGL and Java
Some more findings:
- Torchlight uses Ogre3D and CEGUI
- Minecraft uses LWJGL and Java
- Family Farm uses Boost (serialization, threads), TinyXML, OgreMax, ParticleUniverse, cURL, Google Breakpad and wyUpdate for updating the Windows version